Join us for the secon Read more [...]
Event Category: Fairs & Festivals Events
The Herriman Arts Council is proud to sponsor the 2nd annual Gingerbread Contest!
Entries will be on display at the new Herriman City Hall and 4 winners will be chosen on December 3 at the annual Night of Lights event!
Interested in showing of your skills in the gingerbread contest?
Details can be found below and at the Herriman City website
Children (10 years and under)
Prizes will be awarded for the most creative entry in each category. A grand prize will be awarded to the most creative entry out of all submissions
Wondering how you make gingerbread? Check out this link:
And check out these ideas on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/gingerbread-village/
And now for the rules…
• Any structure – real or imaginary – is eligible for entry.
• Entry must be original – no gingerbread kits allowed.
• Entry must have all MAJOR components, such as walls and roofs, must be constructed of gingerbread (no graham crackers, cookies, etc.)
• All components must be edible. For example, all foil or plastic wrapped candies must be unwrapped; lollipops cannot have paper or plastic stems. NO perishable food items can be used in the making of an entry.
• You may add electric lighting to your entry.
• Entries must be freestanding and attached to a plywood base that will fit on a standard serving table
• All entries must be delivered to the Herriman City hall Events department with completed form November 26 and 27, 2018 between the hours of 7:30am-5:00pm
• All entries will be displayed from Nov 28 to Dec 17 2018. Please plan to pick up your entries December 18-19.